Walk Features: This loop walk takes you from Argus Park through the streets, parks and playgrounds.
Duration of the walk: About 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Region: Molonglo Valley.
Information about the Suburb: Wright was established in 2010 and named after Judith Wright, a poet, environmentalist and Aboriginal land rights advocate.
Click here for a pdf version of the walk directions.
To get to the start of the walk proceed west out along Cotter Road past Streeton Dr. Then Cotter Rd goes L at the next lights. Follow it around and go R into Swallowtail Rd. Then go R into Peter Cullen Way and park next to Argus Park on your R.
Note that streets in brackets means there is no street sign at this point of the walk.
- From the carpark turn L on a bitumen path.
- Pass rope netting and picnic tables on your R.
- Follow the bitumen path down and then around and up on the other side of the park.
- At the second set of two yellow seats go L on a gravel path and cross over the bitumen path.
- Go R onto (Ulysses Cct) and follow it around to the L.
- Cross over David Fleay St and continue straight ahead at the exercise station.
- Pass Xenica St, Amaryllis St, Argus St and an exercise station, and Lacewing St on your L.
- Go R at Ulysses Cct onto the Ullysses Cct offshoot.
- Cross over Steve Irwin Av at the Wright suburb sign and go L on a concrete path along Steve Irwin Av.
- Cross over David Fleay St and continue straight ahead past (Nabin Outdoor Park) on your R and a bus shelter on your L.
- At the end of the park go R on a bitumen path through the park with seats and a barbecue area down to your R.
- Pass a raised boardwalk on your R.
- Go R on a wide concrete path at some seats across (Link Park).
- Pass an exercise station on your L.
- Go R on a concrete path and then R at a picnic table onto a boardwalk as it winds uphill.
- Go L at the end of boardwalk with a seat on your R.
- Pass a picnic table and barbecue on your R.
- Follow the gravel then concrete path uphill past seats, coloured domes, picnic tables and poles.
- Proceed out of the park and go L onto David Fleay St.
- Go R onto Lindsay Pryor St.
- Pass Serventy St on your L and the Lindsay Pryor offshoot on your R.
- Pass Clouston St with a seat, Dunphy St, Plumwood St with an exercise station, and Chelsworth St all on your L.
- Cross over Max Jacobs Av and go L on a concrete path.
- Pass Strom St on your L.
- Go R on a concrete path through the park with a playground in its centre.
- At the end of the park go L on a concrete path alongside (John Gorton Dr).
- Go L on a concrete path alongside (Serventy St).
- Go R onto Max Jacobs Av and pass David Fleay St on your L.
- Cross over Dunphy St and then go R on a concrete path alongside Dunphy St on your R.
- Go sharp L on a concrete path.
- Go L on a bitumen path at a seat and a white/blue sign to Wright leaving the underpass away on your R.
- Cross over (Max Jacobs Av).
- Go R on a concrete path and follow it around to the L uphill past picnic tables on your L.
- Cross over Dot Butler St and continue straight ahead alongside Peter Cullen Way.
- Go R onto Steve Irwin Av.
- Cross over Diesendorf St and continue straight ahead.
- Cross over Gonall St.
- Go L on a concrete path with a park on your R.
- Go R on a concrete path with a playground on your L and picnic tables over to your R.
- Go L on a concrete path as it runs alongside (Banjo Paterson Av).
- Pass three seats on your L.
- Cross over Tishler St.
- Go R onto Catalano St.
- Go L onto Philip Hodgins St. Note Mt Stromlo ahead.
- Cross over Philip Hodgins St then go L on a bitumen path as it runs alongside Swallowtail Rd on your R.
- Cross over Banjo Paterson Av and continue straight ahead.
- Pass two seats.
- Cross over Peter Cullen Way and continue straight ahead back to the start at Argus Park.