Walk Features: This loop walk takes you from the Weston Creek Labor Club car park through the streets, playgrounds and reserves. Some of the walk is on a dirt track and there are some steps.
Duration of the walk: About 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Region: Weston Creek.
Information about the Suburb: Stirling was established in 1970 and named after Sir James Stirling (1791–1865) who was the first Governor of Western Australia between 1829–1839 and established settlements at Perth and Fremantle in 1829. Its streets are named after Western Australian pioneers.
To get to the start of the walk proceed west out along the Cotter Rd. Turn L into Streeton Dr, Cross over Hindmarsh Dr, then go R into Fremantle St. Then turn L into Crowder Cct. R into Teesdale Pl then R into the Weston Creek Labor Club car park.
Note that streets in brackets means there is no street sign at this point of the walk.
- Proceed back out to Teesdale Pl and go L.
- Go L on a concrete path past Weston Creek Labor Club on your L.
- Pass Reveley Cr on your R.
- Pass a bus shelter and before an iron railing bridge follow the path around the back of the club and down to an underpass.
- Go R through the (Fremantle Dr) underpass.
- Take the L fork following the path through a grassy reserve.
- At the end of the houses continue straight ahead with a playground on your L.
- Go L on a concrete path keeping a playground on L.
- Continue along path and then between houses.
- Proceed through the (Bunbury St) underpass.
- Continue straight ahead then around to your L.
- Go R on a concrete path.
- At the end of the houses and just before the (Hindmarsh Dr) underpass, go L and L again down (Cowcher Pl).
- Go R onto McKail Cr.
- Pass Norrish Pl and Tuckey Pl on your R.
- Pass Salvado Pl on your L.
- Go R onto Hassell Pl.
- Proceed out from its end on a concrete path and down some steps.
- Go L on a concrete path passing a seat and continue straight ahead under lots of casuarina trees and with Streeton Dr on your R.
- Just before (Fremantle Dr) culvert take the fork in the path to your R.
- Cross over (Fremantle Dr).
- Continue on a concrete path.
- Continue straight ahead on the concrete path.
- Pass a seat on your L and continue straight ahead on a concrete path with playing fields on your R.
- Follow a concrete path around to your L where there is the (Sherratt Pl) car park on your R.
- Follow the main concrete path quite a way as it winds around to and through the (Fremantle Dr) underpass.
- Continue straight ahead on a concrete path and across a grassy reserve.
- Go L uphill on a concrete path opposite (Dale Pl).
- Go R on a concrete path and down (Nash Pl).
- Go L onto Reveley Cr.
- Pass Wollaston Pl on your R.
- Go R onto Fremantle Dr.
- Go L onto Crowder Cct.
- Pass Teasdale Pl on your R.
- Pass the next entrance to Crowder Cct on your R.
- Next to number 45 go L on a concrete path between houses.
- Go R and R again along a concrete path.
- Continue on the path as it curves around to your R.
- Continue past an oval on your L and a seat.
- Go L onto Teesdale Pl and back to the start.