Walk Features: This loop walk takes you from the Shops through the streets, playgrounds and reserves. Some of the walk is on dirt tracks.
Duration of the walk: About 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Information about the Suburb: Spence was established in 1974 and named after William Spence (1846–1926), one of the founders of the Australian Workers’ Union and later a member of the first Australian House of Representatives. Its streets are named after trade unionists.
To get to the start of the walk proceed north along Kingsford Smith Dr. Turn R into Clarey Cr. R into Glassey Pl and park in front of the Shops.
Note that streets in brackets means there is no street sign at this point of the walk.
- Facing the Shops proceed out from the R hand side past a playground on your R.
- Go L on a concrete path behind the shops.
- Proceed through the (Kingsford Smith Dr) underpass.
- Veer R then L and proceed uphill on a concrete path.
- Go L onto (Magrath Cr) passing Magrath Pl, Jordon Pl, McNolty Pl and Schey Pl on your R.
- Go R onto Hammett Pl.
- Proceed out of Hammett Pl on a concrete path.
- Go L on a concrete path downhill.
- Go through the (Kingsford Smith Dr) underpass.
- Go L on a concrete path with houses on your R.
- Go L onto (Standbridge Pl).
- Go R onto Baddeley Cr.
- Go L onto Crofts Cr and pass Dodd Pl on your R
- Go L onto Crofts Pl.
- Proceed out from its end on a concrete path.
- Go R on a concrete path going downhill.
- Follow the concrete path around passing a playground on your R.
- Go L onto Crofts Cr.
- Pass Horan Pl on your R and Toomey Pl and Kelsall Pl on your L.
- Go L onto Curley St.
- Go R onto Clarey St.
- Just before an iron railing bridge go R down a concrete path with St Paul’s Anglican Church Centre on your R.
- Continue all the way down on a concrete path through a reserve passing a playground on your R.
- Proceed through the (Baddeley Cr) underpass.
- At the next playground on your L take the L fork on a concrete path.
- Go L up a concrete path before the (Alpen St) underpass.
- Go L onto (Alpen St).
- Pass Clifford Cr on R and Baddeley St on your L.
- Go L on a concrete path at bus stop.
- Continue uphill on a concrete path with houses on your L.
- Go R on a concrete path as it goes through a playground.
- Go R onto (Bowling Pl).
- Go L onto Bennet St.
- Pass Bennet Pl on your L
- Go L onto Copland Dr.
- Pass Fuhrman St on your R
- Pass Garrard St on your L.
- Pass Emerton St on your R twice.
- Proceed over an iron bridge.
- Pass Cawthorn Cr on your R.
- Go L onto Don Pl.
- Proceed onto a reserve and cross it going uphill.
- Go up and over the hill and down a dirt road.
- Go R onto (Clarey Cr) and past a bus stop.
- Go L onto Boote St.
- Pass Thornton Pl on your L.
- Go L onto Boote Pl.
- Go L on a dirt path and follow it all the way behind houses on your L.
- Go L on a concrete path with houses on your L.
- At a break between houses go L across a reserve and down (Clark Cl).
- At a T-junction go R down an arm of (Clark Cl).
- Go R onto Clarey Cr.
- Pass O’Neill St on L and back to the Shops.