Walk Features: This loop walk takes you from the Shops through the streets and reserves and along the fire trail at the top of the suburb.
Duration of the walk: About 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Region: Woden Valley.
Information about the Suburb: Pearce was established in 1967 and named after the longest-serving Senator for WA from 1901 to 1938 and longest-serving Minister in Australia’s federal history, Sir George Pearce, mainly as Minister for Defence.
Click here for a pdf version of the walk directions.
To get to the start of the walk proceed south down Melrose Drive. Turn R into Hodgson Cr. Park in front of the Shops on your R. Or park behind the Shops by going R into Shepherd St. L into Symons St. Meet on the square in front of the Shops.
Note that streets in brackets means there is no street sign at this point of the walk.
- Go down the ramp on the R of the square to (Hodgson Cr).
- Pass MacFarland Cr on your R.
- Cross over (Hodgson Cr) onto a concrete path and across a reserve and then between houses.
- Go L onto Hodgson Pl.
- Go R along a grassy corridor with houses on your R.
- Go R on a concrete path.
- Pass (McNeil Pl) on your L.
- Cross over (Hodgson Cr) and continue straight ahead on a concrete path.
- Pass a playground on your R.
- Pass (Tubb Pl) on your L.
- Go L onto (Parkhill St).
- Pass Brinsmead St and Leighton St on your L.
- Where Parkhill St goes around to your L, go onto a grassy area and proceed uphill until you reach a fire trail and a sign reading ‘Summit Trails’.
- Go R on the fire trail. Follow the trail along for quite some way passing Mt Taylor Walking Track sign.
- When you come to a fork where a sign reads ‘To Reservoir’, veer R to take this track downhill, with houses on your R.
- Go R at a sign reading ‘To Macfarland Cr’ and continue downhill.
- Go through a gate and cross Macfarland Cr.
- Continue straight ahead on a dirt track through parkland running behind houses on your R.
- Continue past (Blackburn St) on your R.
- The track goes downhill to Whitelaw Pl. Continue straight ahead on a concrete path and follow it all the way downhill.
- When (Melrose Dr) comes fully into view but before reaching it, go R down (McNamara St).
- Go L onto (Collings St).
- Go R onto Hodgson St.
- Go L onto Biddlecombe St.
- Go L onto a concrete path running through a grassy reserve.
- Go R onto Marr St.
- At parkland go R down a concrete path and then R again as it heads uphill towards and through the (Pethebridge St) underpass.
- Continue on the path uphill going past (Givens St) and (Besant St) on your L.
- Opposite (Pendred St) and the Pearce Preschool, go R on a concrete path to pass The Pearce Centre on your R.
- Proceed onto (Collett Pl) then go L on a concrete path between trees and back to the Shops over (Hodgson Cr).