Walk Features: This loop walk takes you through streets, playgrounds, up hills and by wetlands and Ginninderra Creek. You will also pass Wagi Bridge.
Duration of the walk: About 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Information about the Suburb: Moncrieff was established in 2014 and named after Gladys Moncrieff, an Australian singer of the 1920-1930s musical era who was dubbed ‘Australia’s Queen of Song’. Its streets are named people in the music industry.
Click here for a pdf version of the walk directions.
To get to the start of the walk proceed north on Gungahlin Dr and L into Mirrabei Dr, Park near the corner of O’Keefe Av and Mirrabei Dr.
Note that streets in brackets means there is no street sign at this point of the walk.
- From the corner of O’Keefe Av and Mirrabei Dr proceed down O’Keefe Av.
- Pass Hoffmann St on your R.
- Pass Bon Scott Cr on your L twice.
- Pass Yidaki Way on your R.
- Go L on a concrete path through a playground passing a toilet block on your L.
- Go R on a concrete path to pass between a basketball court on your L and a cricket net on your R.
- Cross over Gussey St and down Mendoza St.
- Pass Duval St on your R.
- Cross over Gussey St and down Dargin Cr.
- Just past number 34 go L on a concrete path down to wetlands.
- Go R onto (Bernard Heinze Av).
- Go L onto Jorgensen St with wetlands on your L.
- Pass Ketterer St on your R.
- Pass Tycho St on your R.
- Go L on a bitumen path through a gate.
- Pass Wagi Bridge on your L.
- Continue straight ahead on a bitumen path around the base of the hill on your R and wetlands on your L.
- Go R on a bitumen path winding uphill.
- When houses come into view ahead, go R on a bitumen path.
- Go R on a bitumen path to proceed up to and over the top of the hill passing through seats.
- Go R on a bitumen path.
- Proceed down to a playground passing it on your L on a concrete path.
- Continue straight ahead on a concrete path along the top of the ridge.
- Proceed through two sets of low concrete barriers.
- Go L on a concrete path down to Crackajack Way.
- Cross over Crackajack Way and proceed down Warup St.
- Go L onto Lumsdaine St.
- Go R onto Bandstand St.
- Go L onto Bellhouse Cr.
- Pass Gell St on your R.
- Go R onto Crackajack Way.
- Go R onto Gell St and pass wetlands on your L.
- Go L on a concrete path uphill.
- Continue around to your R and through a concrete barrier.
- Proceed through two more concrete barriers.
- Go L on a concrete path.
- Cross over (Mirrabei Dr) and proceed uphill on a concrete path between houses.
- Go L on (Bronhill St).
- Go L at the wetlands on a concrete path.
- Go R on a concrete path alongside (Mirrabei Dr on your L and wetlands on your R.
- Go R on a bitumen path uphill.
- Pass a concrete path on your R.
- Go R on a concrete path as it winds uphill.
- Pass seat on your R and continue straight ahead uphill.
- Cross over (Slim Dusty Cct) and continue straight ahead on a concrete path uphill.
- After the end of the houses, take the second concrete path down to your R and through a playground with a picnic table.
- Once in the middle of the playground take a concrete path to your R past a seat on your R.
- Cross over Slim Dusty Cct and continue straight ahead down Dulcie Holland Cr.
- Just past number 20 go R down a wide concrete path between houses.
- Cross over Mirrabei Dr and back to O’Keefe Av.