Walk Features: This loop walk takes you from the Shops through the streets, reserves and playgrounds. Some of the walk is on dirt tracks.
Duration of the walk: About 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Information about the Suburb: Holt was established in 1972 and named after Harold Holt, Prime Minister of Australia 1966-67. Its streets are named after sportsmen and sportswomen.
Click here for a pdf version of the walk directions.
To get to the start of the walk proceed north along Kingsford Smith Dr, L into Drake Brockman Dr, R into Trickett St, L into Beaurepaire Cr, R into Holt Pl and park at the front of the Shops.
Note that streets in brackets means there is no street sign at this point of the walk.
- From the post box, proceed up steps between the Shops.
- Veer L on a concrete path towards a bus shelter.
- Cross Beaurepaire Cr and continue on a concrete path behind houses on your R and a reserve on your L.
- Pass a playground on your L.
- Go L on Lindrum Cr.
- Go R onto Longworth Pl.
- Go L onto Pearce St.
- Cross over Bardsley Pl and continue straight ahead on a concrete path.
- Go R onto (Trickett St).
- Go L onto Griffiths St.
- Go R onto Mockridge Cr.
- At number 56 go L on a concrete path through a reserve.
- Pass a playground on your R.
- Proceed through the (Beaurepaire Cr) underpass.
- Take the L fork on the concrete path.
- Go R onto (Davison Pl), L on Pickworth St and then R onto Giffen Cl.
- Between numbers 12 and 14 go R on a concrete path between houses.
- Go L onto (Beaurepaire Cr).
- Cross Starke St and go L on a concrete path.
- Just before an iron railing bridge veer R down a concrete path.
- Go R to leave the underpass behind you.
- Go R onto (Kellerman Cl) and follow it around to your L.
- Go L onto Powell St.
- Opposite a red gate on your L, go R on a concrete path and follow it all the way uphill through a reserve to a school fence.
- Go L on a concrete path alongside the Kingsford Smith School fence on your R.
- Go R onto (Powell St).
- Go R onto Hardwick Cr.
- Go L onto Ormsby Pl.
- Proceed down to its end and then go R out onto a playing field.
- Go L and follow the fence line after passing cricket nets on your L.
- Follow a dirt track down and along a water course.
- Proceed through the (Flack St) underpass and continue straight ahead on a bitumen path with playing fields on your R.
- Continue on a concrete path.
- Veer R down a bitumen path.
- Stay on the bitumen path as it runs behind houses on your L.
- At the Southern Cross Dr underpass go L on a concrete path up to the lights.
- Pass Florey Dr on your R.
- Pass Starke St on your L.
- Pass a bus stop.
- At the end of the houses and before an iron railing bridge, go sharp L on a concrete path behind houses on your L and playing fields on your R.
- Go R onto (Pickworth St) and just past an iron railing bridge go L on a concrete path and follow it over towards a playground, passing a seat on your R.
- Pass between a picnic table on your R and the playground on your L, and continue out between coloured poles to (Beaurepaire Cr).
- Proceed on a concrete path between houses.
- Go L on (Bunton Pl).
- Go R on Kieran Pl.
- Proceed out from its end on a concrete path with a playground straight ahead.
- Go L on a concrete path.
- Go L on (Armstrong Cr).
- Pass Higgerson St on your R.
- Pass Bunton Pl on your L.
- Cross (Beaurepaire Cr) and go R.
- Pass Messenger St on your R.
- Go L on Holt Pl and back to the Shops.