Walk Features: This loop walk takes you from the Shops through Bill Kennedy Memorial Park, playgrounds, wetlands and reserves. Some of the walk is on dirt tracks.
Duration of the walk: About 1 hour and 35 minutes.
Region: Weston Creek.
Information about the Suburb: Holder was established in 1970 and named after Sir Frederick William Holder (1850–1909), Premier of South Australia between 1899 and 1901, and first Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives from 1901 to 1909.. Its streets are named after prominent Australian surveyors.
To get to the start of the walk proceed west out along Hindmarsh Dr. Turn R into Streeton Dr, then L into Mulley St. L Blackwood Tce, R Holder Pl and park at the Shops.
Note that streets in brackets means there is no street sign at this point of the walk.
- From the end of the Shops cross over (Blackwood Tce).
- Proceed on a concrete path into Bill Kennedy Memorial Park.
- Proceed between a slippery dip and a picnic table, and then a playground on your R.
- Take the L fork on a concrete path and follow it all the way through parkland to (Stapylton St).
- Go L onto (Stapylton St).
- Cross over Williamson St and go L.
- Veer R down a concrete path before an iron railing bridge.
- Veer R on a concrete path between houses.
- Proceed down (Ligar Pl) to a playground on your R.
- Go L onto Pearson St.
- Pass Craven Pl on L and Foxall St on your R.
- Go R onto Blackwood Tce.
- Go L onto Calder Cr.
- Pass Fossey St on your R.
- Go L onto Woolrych St.
- Pass a playground on your R.
- Pass Warner Pl on your L.
- Go R onto Calder Cr.
- Go L onto Mott St.
- Go R onto Hyndes Cr.
- Go L onto Dixon Dr.
- Go R at a bus shelter onto a gravel road.
- Veer R on a bitumen path.
- Before a bridge go R on a bitumen path.
- Continue along all the way through wetlands.
- Proceed on a bitumen path going off to your L and up to (Cotter Rd).
- Follow a bitumen path across a bridge and continue straight ahead past a bus shelter.
- At the Cotter Road and Streeton Dr lights do a u-turn down a bitumen path parallel to the way you have just come.
- At a storm water drain, turn L onto a dirt track.
- Go R onto (Dixon Dr) over a bridge.
- Go L up a road at the Animal Hospital sign.
- At the end of the road go out onto a concrete path and turn L.
- Follow the path alongside a storm water drain on L and Montessori School on your R.
- Continue past a bridge on L and then go R onto a concrete path.
- Immediately veer L onto a dirt track alongside a storm water drain on your L and playing fields up to your R.
- Follow a dirt track around to your R and then through the (Mulley St) underpass.
- Follow a concrete path straight ahead uphill between houses.
- Go L onto (Foxall St).
- Cross over (Pearson St) into Foxall Pl.
- At the end of Foxall Pl continue straight ahead on a concrete path.
- Cross over (Coane St) and then (Williamson St).
- Go L onto (Stapylon St).
- Go R onto Sheaffe St.
- Pass Percival St on L and Frankland St on your R.
- Follow alongside Sheaffe St with a parkland on your R.
- At the end of the parkland, go R onto a concrete path and follow it along with houses on your L and parkland on your R.
- At the end of the houses continue straight ahead on a concrete path to its end.
- Go L down an unnamed road then R onto (Weingarth St).
- Go L on a concrete path before an iron-railing bridge.
- Go L on a concrete path and follow it down between houses.
- Go R onto (Spowers St).
- Go R on a concrete path just before Sharland St.
- Cross over (Blackwood Tce) and continue straight ahead down Tyers St.
- Go L onto De Graaf St.
- Go R onto Embley St with a playground on your L.
- After number 29 go R on a concrete path between houses.
- Cross over (De Graaff St).
- Continue straight ahead on a concrete path.
- Take the L fork on a concrete path.
- Go L on a concrete path and follow it back to the Shops.