Walk Features: This loop walk takes you from the Shops through the streets and playgrounds, around Jarramlee Pond, through parkland and alongside West Belconnen Pond.
Duration of the walk: About 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Information about the Suburb: Dunlop was gazetted in 1993 and named after Lieutenant Colonel Sir Ernest Edward “Weary” Dunlop, an Australian surgeon who was renowned for his leadership while being held prisoner of war by the Japanese during the Second World War. Its streets are named after inventors, inventions and artists.
To get to the start of the walk proceed north on Kingsford Smith Dr, L into Ginninderra Dr and follow to its end. R onto Kerrigan St, R Lance Hill Av and park in main car park at the Shops on your L.
Note that streets in brackets means there is no street sign at this point of the walk.
- Facing away from the Shops proceed R to a roundabout and down Fairlight St.
- Go L onto Coolgardie St.
- Go L onto Periscope Pl.
- Pass (Lads Cl) on your L.
- Go L on a concrete path then R on a concrete path.
- Proceed all way down and CO Ginninderra Dr.
- Go L onto Archdall St.
- Pass Hugh McKay Cr on your R.
- Pass a playground on your R.
- Go R into Hugh McKay Cr passing a playground on your R.
- Pass Pomeroy St on your L, Leason Cl on your R, Counihan Ct and Loxton Pl on your L.
- Go L onto Grove Pl.
- At number 18 go R onto an unnamed street.
- Proceed out on a concrete path then L on a concrete path.
- Take the R fork on a concrete path to go around Jarramlee Pond on your L.
- Take the L fork on a concrete path.
- Go L on a bitumen path and pass a seat on your L.
- Ignore the road up to your R and go L down a bitumen path.
- Follow a bitumen path around to your R and up through a water course.
- Proceed through (Archdall St) underpass.
- Go R across a storm water drain at an iron railing bridge.
- Proceed through the (Ginninderra Dr) underpass.
- Take the L fork and proceed up under power lines.
- Cross over (Evelyn Owen Cr) and then the same road further on.
- Go L onto (Kerrigan St).
- Pass a bus shelter.
- At the top of (Godson Pl) go L down it. If you reach Branson Pl you have gone too far.
- Go R onto Morrow St.
- Go L onto Traeger St.
- Pass Marchant Cct on your R.
- At number 35 go R on a concrete path through a grassy water course.
- Pass a playground on your L.
- Cross over a water course then go R on a concrete path.
- Proceed through (Kerrigan St) underpass and follow a bitumen path.
- Go L on a cobblestone path and proceed onto a bitumen path with West Belconnen Pond on your R.
- Go R on a bitumen path to run alongside pond on your R.
- Take the R fork and pass a picnic table on your L then a basketball court and seat on your L.
- Pass a seat on your R.
- Pass a picnic table on your R.
- Take the R fork on a bitumen path.
- Go R on a concrete path past a picnic table on your L.
- Pass between a playground on your L and a picnic table on your R.
- Cross over (James Harrison St) to proceed up a concrete path.
- Follow a concrete path through parkland past seat on your L and another on your R.
- Cross over James Harrison St.
- Proceed alongside (Lance Hill Av) on your R.
- Cross over Kerrigan St.
- Continue straight ahead on a dirt track.
- Go R on a concrete path with a playground on your L and proceed back to the Shops.