Walk Features: This loop walk takes you from the Shops through parkland, around Casey Pond, down streets and around wetlands.
Duration of the walk: About 1 hour and 25 minutes.
Information about the Suburb: Casey was established in 1991 and named after Richard Casey, Baron Casey an Australian politician, diplomat and later the 16th Governor-General of Australia. Its streets are named for notable Australian diplomats, public servants and administrators.
Click here for a pdf version of the walk directions.
To get to the start of the walk proceed north along Gungahlin Dr. Turn L onto the Barton Highway. R Clarrie Hermes Dr, L into Kingsland Pde and park at the Shops on your L.
Note that streets in brackets means there is no street sign at this point of the walk.
- Facing away from the Shops on Kingsland Pde, cross the street and go R on a concrete path.
- Cross over Bentley Pl.
- Go L on a bitumen path.
- Just before the Clarrie Hermes Dr underpass, go L on a bitumen path.
- Go L on a concrete path and follow it all the way around wetlands on R and seats on your L.
- Go L on a bitumen path as it runs alongside (Horse Park Dr).
- Pass the Horse Park Dr underpass on your R and continue straight ahead.
- Cross over (Overall Av) and continue straight ahead.
- Opposite the Horse Park Dr underpass go L on a concrete path through bushland.
- Pass alongside Casey Dog Park on your L.
- Pass Minty Gr on your R.
- Cross over Plimsoll Dr.
- Go R on a footpath.
- Pass Yeend St on your R.
- Go sharp L up a concrete path.
- Pass seats and continue uphill alongside (Hanley St) on your L.
- Go R on a concrete path with houses on your R and bushland on your L.
- Stay on the concrete path as it runs for quite a way alongside bushland on your L.
- Cross over (Cooley Cr) and go L on a concrete path to continue alongside Cooley Cr on your L.
- Pass Courgaud St on your R.
- Go L on a concrete path to cross over (Cooley Cr) and continue straight ahead around to your R on a concrete path.
- Cross over (Alan Watt Cr)
- Go L on a concrete path to follow it alongside (Alan Watt Cr) on your L.
- Pass Keith Waller Ri on your R.
- Go L on a concrete path to cross over (Alan Watt Cr).
- Continue straight ahead on a concrete path alongside Bidgood Way on your L.
- Go L on a concrete path to cross over Edna Thompson Cr.
- Continue straight ahead on a concrete path alongside Edna Thompson Cr on your L.
- Pass (Hogg St) on your R.
- Go L onto Hyslop Cr then immediately go R on a concrete path to wind downhill passing two seats with Edna Thompson Cr alongside on your R.
- At the corner of Edna Thompson Cr and Hyslop Cr note a playground straight ahead on Critchley St.
- Go R onto Plimsoll Dr.
- Go L on a concrete path into parkland that runs between two arms of Plimsoll Dr.
- Pass Hogg St on your R and Patrick Shaw St on your L.
- Cross over (Nordeck St).
- Pass Alan Watt Cr on your R
- At Quealy St go R on Plimsoll Dr.
- Pass Whitrod Av and a playground on your L.
- Cross over McGovern St onto a concrete path running through parkland down the middle of Plimsoll Dr.
- Pass Courgaud St and Swinney St on your R.
- Cross over Cooley Cr and continue straight ahead on a concrete path down through a reserve.
- Pass Liz O’Neill St and Breen St on your L and Macandie St on your R.
- Cross over (Plimsoll Dr) onto a concrete path as it winds down to wetlands.
- At a pond continue straight ahead all the way around the pond on your R.
- Just past three seats on your L go sharp L uphill on a concrete path away from the pond.
- Proceed past a playground on your L and a barbecue on your R.
- Go L onto Plimsoll Dr.
- Pass Yeend St on your L and proceed on a concrete path with bushland on your L.
- Continue alongside Plimsoll Dr.
- Pass Skermer St, Rattigan St, a bus stop, Hanley St and Ruth Dobson St on your R.
- Pass David Miller Cr, Salisbury Cr, Bym Porter Lane and David Miller Cr on your L.
- Cross over Overall Av and continue alongside Kingsland Pde.
- Pass Hugh Gilchrist St and Dalkin Cr on your R and back to the Shops.